Wednesday, May 31, 2017

London Bound


Two years have passed since I left Belgium at the end of my exchange year, but the travel bug has kept a strong grip on my heart. Today, I have found myself headed on my next adventure abroad to London, England. For the next two months, I will be interning at a Chamber of Commerce near London where I will be working closely with a number of the surrounding businesses. One of my focus’ through this internship will be to gain a better understanding on the international workplace, and to expand my knowledge and understanding of international businesses. I believe that this is something that can only be learned with experience, and I look forward to gaining a hands-on experience with international business. With that being said, I would like to shed a little light on what the past two years have looked like since I last wrote to you all.
After I got back from studying abroad, I attended South Plains College, a community college near my home-town in Texas. I studied general business, worked a few jobs, and attempted to adapt back to life in Texas. After a lot of soul searching and asking myself what I wanted to do with my life, I decided to move up to Seattle, Washington to attend school in pursuit of a degree in International Business and Economics. I have just finished my first year in Seattle, and look forward to studying in Washington for another two-years in order to finish out my undergrad before entering the workforce and/or attending grad school.
As I write this, I am currently sitting on a plane reflecting on a few of the most pivotal years of my life and I am finding myself reminded of the people in my life that have impacted and pushed me to be who I am today. My goals and aspirations have changed a lot over the past few years, but my love of travel and different cultures has remained prominent. I have also been lucky enough to learn the value that comes with change and to enjoy being pushed out of my comfort zone. I have found comfort in knowing that life is always changing and evolving into something new.
The main purpose of this blog will be to let my friends, family, and readers of where in the world I am and what I am learning at any given time, however I recognize that with life changes also come goal changes, so it will be changing with me as I learn and grow more throughout my travels. As I mentioned earlier, traveling is one way of pushing people out of their comfort zones, but what most people don’t realize is that it comes with many ups and downs just like normal life. When your comfort zone is no longer a part of your daily life, growth and development accelerates, and that is what is so invigorating and enjoyable about traveling, and why I cannot stop my heart from wondering what else is out there. With that being said, I look forward to taking you on this amazing journey with me!  

Bisous,
Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment