Saturday, September 13, 2014

First Month Reflections

I have officially survived my first week of school in a foreign country!! I wish there were words to explain everything that happened, but it's not possible. This post will be short n' sweet. :)

I'm so unbelievably thankful for this opportunity. As I sit here, in this moment, and reflect everything that's happened to me over the past month, I'm amazed at what God has sent me through. It makes me so aware of how... little I can do without His help. Going to school, even in Texas, is a struggle for me. And a lot of times, I can't understand things there, much less in a foreign language. But as I walked through this week in Belgium, I made new friends that I love and adore, realized that I actually knew more about science than I thought I did, lost my ability to type without having to correct myself a million times, and fell in love with this breathtaking country. When I say I can't type in English anymore, I'm not kidding! Just writing one sentence takes a good three minutes with countless journeys to the Back Space button. That makes my heart happy. :)

Today is my one month mark and I'm realizing how much I've grown. My reliance on Christ has gone to new depths, my love for Him has reached new heights, and my thankfulness has seen a new light of His presence. The fact that He would take me on this journey just to show me how vast His love is, BLOWS MY MIND. Every day breaks my comfort zone - and He walks with me the whole way! How awesome is it that I serve a God who walks with me every single step? I am in awe.

This country, this language, these people, this hope - it's a blessing. And for every step of my journey here, I long to be His hands and feet. Every up and every down are worth it when I get to see His face more clearly and His heart in a new light because of it. Thank you to everyone who made this possible, who has supported me with encouragement and prayer, and who has walked with me every step of the way. God is faithful, my friends. And He is shaking this world every day.

Until next time, bisous!
KP

No comments:

Post a Comment