Sunday, August 31, 2014

This Feels Like Home!


I am... absolutely in awe of God.

Today I went to a church with some family friends and I wish that I could put into words what it was like... I don't think I have ever felt so at home somewhere. When Franca told me I was going, I questioned how it would go and got slightly nervous... but as I prayed about it, I was completely at peace. Christ church expands all over the world, and love knows no borders. So as I got ready this morning, all I felt was excitement and peace. Had I known what I would have experienced today, I wouldn't have been able to be as calm as I was all morning.

The family picked me up and were so welcoming, I felt like I'd known them my whole life... even though I'd just met them. They talked to me in English, and I replied in french. Which was extremely helpful! Walking through the doors of that church... it was home. I wish that words could explain it... but I honestly don't think there are words that could explain it. I was instantly welcomed and met a girl from Australia who came to Belgium to nanny for a family. Kids were running around laughing and dancing and praising Jesus. There were literally words of praise coming out of their mouth. "Hallelujah!" everywhere! Pure happiness. No words.

We started off with worship and it reminded me so much of my mission trips to Mexico... People were literally at the front DANCING and singing at the top of their lungs! I was completely blown away! Thankfully they had lyrics to the songs so I was able to sing along... even though I didn't know how to pronounce the words correctly. These people that I already considered family were praising Jesus in a way that I've only seen a few times.... Love knows no borders. The pastors sons wife was an English teacher, so she translated the whole thing for me and Jessica (the Australian girl). But as we listened to the lesson, I found myself zoning into what he was saying and not so much what was being said in English... and what amazed me was that I understood! Most of it. I would listen to what he said and translate it in my head and next thing I know she was translating the same thing. You could say that I was excited to know that I was getting somewhere with the language, but that would be an understatement! 

For those of you that don't know yet, I found out on my way to Belgium that I have a stress fracture in my left ankle. Meaning that I have a crack in my bone. My doctor told me I was supposed to get a cane and boot to take the pressure of for the next six weeks, but since I'm already going into school with the biggest disadvantage of all, a language barrier, I decided that I'm going to wait to follow his instructions until I get home. Being as this fracture started two years ago, and doesn't really bother me that much, I figure I can make it to three years with it. 

Call me crazy... Idk how to explain this in words without sounding crazy... But they did the thing in Mexico the first time that really freaked me out and they prayed for fire (both in Mexico and here) and placed their hand on the persons head and they fell down... Today the people that needed physical healing went up and so I did and like... Ah no words... While he was praying over the person next to me, I was crying and praying in English (since I can't speak French and I don't have the gift of tongues even though they were talking in tongues) and he got to me and peace.... Just peace. My body went so still... I've never experienced something like that. Idk how to explain it... Just pure... There's no word! Just peace. 

My ankle hasn't hurt since I left. God is so good!
That was the most at home I've felt since I arrived here. It's unexplainable... Like, if nothing else, God brought me here so I could experience His home in a different country. I felt more at home here than I did in Mexico... And that's saying a lot
No words. Like... All day. No words. They're more family than a lot of my blood family. And I've only met them once. But I felt like I belonged. Like I had come home from a long trip. 
It's just crazy. Like I would never believe it if it wasn't me... That's why I didn't put it in the blog at first. But then again is that me not believing it? That's why I decided to go ahead and write about it. God is seriously so good. I just... Still... No words. 

Today was a time of revival and hope... And the fact that I could feel so at home, so quickly, blew me away. God is so faithful... and I can't wait to see where this journey takes me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment