Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Beginning of a New Chapter

Ever since I was a little girl, my dad has called my pictures and memorabilia "kapers".
As I started asking my friends and family what I should call my blog for this upcoming adventure, my dad mentioned, "Kaitlyn's Kapers." How perfect, my dad began documenting my adventures in life; now it's my turn to continue the tradition! 
Throughout the next year, I will 
-Be immersed in a culture that I have never been to
-Become fluent in French
-Meet people from all around the world
-Go through school in a different country
so, the point of this blog is to keep my friends, family, and anyone else interested informed about my experience. I will be telling all sorts of stories about my adventure, and I promise to be completely transparent. I never have, and never will, claim that I know what I'm doing in this world... but by the grace of God, I will be able to spread His love in new places.
So, as my readers I have a request: prayer.

As my departure date draws near, I have become more reliant on prayer. I realize that I am at a disadvantage because I know very little of the language, the culture, and the people. So, my beautiful prayer warriors, here are a few of my prayer requests:
-I would learn the language with speed that could only come from God
-I would be able to immerse myself fully in the culture
-I would build lifelong relationships with everyone I come into contact with
-I would glorify Christ with my attitude and my actions
-That I would make a lasting impact for God, no matter where I am.

So, ready or not, here we go! I cannot wait for you to experience this incredible adventure with me. 

1 comment:

  1. We very exited to know you very soon, when you come in Belgium :-)

    ReplyDelete